Solder Mask Stripper
Ristoff © C-8
C-8 has six distinct advantages over other solder mask strippers currently being marketed.
- 100% alkaline process
- C-8 is a double concentrate (dilute 50% with DI water)
- ALL the solder mask is dissolved and removed within the C-8 solution. (Totally residue-free results)
- Not required: Intermittent removal of boards to aerate polymer
- Not required: Secondary stage brushing to remove residues-non present
- Not required: Power-rinsing (conventional spray rinsing is used only to remove the working solution from p.c.b’s, NO polymer present)
C-8 removes both fully cured, aqueous liquid photo-imaging and conventional UV curable solder masks.
Dependant on type of resist, coating thickness and curing parameters, stripping times vary between 45-180 minutes. C-8 does not attack base laminates, boards are in a condition that can then be cleaned and re-coated by standard processing techniques.
Due to it’s unique additive system C-8 has an extremely long bath life. Solution loss is made good with additions of a 50% by volume mixture of C-8/DI water.
Following types of Soldermask successfully stripped
Coates Imagecure range, Probimer 77, Electra- Carapace, Taiyo-PSR Series, Tamura DSR Series, Lackwerke Peters- Elpemer